Google Play Store comes as a free application for Android tablets and smart phones. This is the most versatile marketplaces for Android apps. It is an APK file by itself that is usually pre installed on most devices.
Google Play Store APK file for Android smart phones
In case you have an Android smart phone that does not have the Google Play Store in it, here are the steps to follow to download the same.
- Simply log onto your web browser using data connection or Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Once you have logged onto Google Chrome mobile browser or any other web browser, search for Google Play Store APK file.
- This should be compatible with the Android smart phone onto which you wish to download the same.
- Once this is typed in, you will find several links through which you can download the APK file for free.
- Ensure that the link you use provides a reliable download source.
- In order to allow downloads to happen, you need to make certain changes in the security settings.
- Visit the settings section on your phone and choose to allow download from unknown sources.
- Once this option is activated, you can download Google Play Store APK file onto your phone.
- Allow installation to take place.
Once this is done, you can then proceed to use Google Play Store on your Android smart phone.
How to download Google Play Store on your Android tablet?
Tablets usually function more or less similar as Android smart phones. However the Android OS will tend to differ as well as resolution of these devices. Hence, the following steps need to be followed when you are downloading Google Play Store on your Android tablet.
- Log onto the mobile web browser on your Android tablet.
- Once you have logged on using data connection or Wi-Fi, search for Google Play Store as per Android OS version and tablet name.
- Once you find, search results in Google Play Store with versions compatible with your Android tablet, and select a dependable source to download from.
- The download and installation procedure on your Android tablet is similar to an Android smart phone.
- Finding the right version compatible with the OS of your Android tablet will ensure that you have apps optimized for your tablet.
- That is the wonder that Google Play Store provides for compatible devices.
- The right version downloaded will ensure that you have the right apps for your tablet showcased in Google Play Store.
Google Play Store for PCs
Today the popularity of Android apps is widespread as the range is much more to Google Play Store than any other OS compatible forum. You will want to download Google Play Store even on your PCs if you wish to enjoy your favorite games on a larger computer monitor. This is made possible by downloading an emulator program for your PC OS. The steps to follow are:
- Log on to your PC web browser.
- Search for an Android emulator program that would be compatible with your desktop OS.
- Once you locate it, download the same.
- Once the emulator program is downloaded you can then log onto the same to look for Google Play Store which an Android APK file.
- This file can be downloaded and run on the emulator environment.
- Once that is done, you can run Google Play Store on your computer, laptop or desktop. However, you would be able to run Google Play Store on the emulator program.
Google Play Store for non Android phones and tablets
No other mobile OS based phones or tablets can provide the wide range of apps that are offered on the Android platform. The main access to Android apps being Google Play, it is desirable to get Google Play Store on any other non Android mobile device as well. Steps to follow to get Google Play Store on any non Android mobile device are as follows:
- Log on to your mobile web browser where you can search for an emulator program for Android.
- It should be compatible with the device and mobile OS.
- Once you find such a program, download the same.
- Ensure that you allow downloads from unknown sources before you can proceed. Also, choose dependable download source.
- Once these aspects are looking into, download the emulator program. You will need to install the same.
- Once the Android emulator program is downloaded and installed, look for the Google Play Store app on this platform.
- This will be an APK file that will run on the emulator program. Once the APK file is located, download and install the same.
- After installation, you will be able to use Google Play Store on your device via the emulator program.
In case you are using an iOS device you would have to root the device in order to download an Android emulator program on it.
Functionalities of the Google Play Store
The ways of using Google Play Store on your device after installation are varied.
- You can opt to log in through the main interface.
- To log into Google Play Store it is necessary to use any Google account credentials.
- In case you are signing in to Google Play for the first time, log on using a Google account login details and save the same.
- This will provide access to the main interface of Google Play Store.
- Once you have logged in, you will find the different apps that are popular and new, of different categories such as games, utility apps, educational, travel and leisure, eBooks, entertainment, movies and TV shows and so forth.
Apps that are downloaded through Google Play Store can be reviewed, features looked at and user reviews checked before they are downloaded.
Update and other features of Google Play Store
With this APK file installed on your device, managing all Android apps will become easy.
- Once the apps are installed through Google Play Store, they can be updated as well as removed through Google Play Store.
- The personalized section on Google Play Store allows a user to check the different apps they have downloaded, be able to update the same and get them uninstalled as required.
- Updates that are pending are also regularly notified by Google Play.
The above sections showcase how Google Play can be installed on different devices, Android and non Android. The different features it offers and other functionalities are also talked about here.